Thursday, March 15, 2012

Mid night in Paris


It’s a movie scene from Mid night in Paris.
A Conversation between the lead role “Gil Pender and his literary idol “Ernest Hemingway”. 
Enjoy the conversation. I Loved it.


Heminway :
The assignment was to take the hill.
There were 4 of us.

5 if you counted Vicente, but he had
lost his hand when a grenade went off

and couldn't fight as he could when I first met him.

And he was young, and brave.

And the hill was soggy from days of rain,
and the hill sloped down toward a road,

and there were many German soldiers on the road.

And the idea was to aim for the first group,

and if our aim was true, we could delay them.

Gil :
- Were you scared?

Heminway :
- Of what?

Gil :
Getting killed?

Heminway :
You'll never write well
if you're afraid of dying.

- Do you?

Gil :
- Yeah, I do. I'd say it's probably...

maybe my greatest fear, actually.

Heminway :
Well, that's something all men before
you have done. All men will do.

Gil :
- I know. I know.

Heminway :
- Have you ever made love to a truly great woman?

Gil :
Actually, my fiancee is pretty sexy.

Heminway :
And when you make love to her,
you feel true, and beautiful
passion, and you, for at least that moment,
lose your fear of death.

Gil :
No. That doesn't happen.

Heminway :
I believe that love that is true and real
creates a respite from death.

All cowardice comes from not loving,
or not loving well, which is the same thing.

And when the man who is brave and true
looks Death squarely in the face


like some rhino-hunters I know,
or Belmonte, who's truly brave.

It is because they love with sufficient
passion, to push death out of their minds,

until it returns, as it does, to all men.

And then you must make really good love again.

Think about it.


Rahul shonak

No comments: